Revised Pay Scales 2022 and Allowances – Notification Revised Pay Scales 2022 Punjab and Allowances – A memo from the Punjabi government’s finance department titled “Notification Revised Pay Scales 2022 Punjab and Allowances for Employees” was published on July 21, 2022. The primary characteristic of this notification is that the basic pay scales have been changed by the Punjab Government after roughly five years.
Punjab Notification of Revised Pay Scales for 2022
The following Adhoc Relief Allowances awarded over the following years have been combined by the Punjab Government:
How much will the base pay increase?
The foregoing Adhoc relief allowances are combined, increasing the employees’ Basic Pay by almost 1.5 times. Their base salary increased, but since these allowances have been combined with base pay, they will no longer get them. I’ve created a basic pay scales chart for 2022 to fix the pay from point to point in order to verify the new basic pay.
Benefits of Pay Scales Revision
The fundamental pay scales will be revised, increasing benefits for employees. The following are a few of the advantages:
1. The main advantage of this is that should the government award any basic pay allowances in the future, they will have a higher value than they did under the prior pay scales.
2. More leave encashments will occur (Nearly 1.5 times more)
3. Retiring staff will receive increased commutation and gratuities (Nearly 1.5 times more)
4. As one basic pay, they will receive an extra Transfer Grant.
The employees would additionally get an Adhoc Relief Allowance in 2022 at a rate of 15% of their current basic salary under the pay scales in 2017. With effect from July 1, 2022, employees in the Punjab province will get this allowance (ARA-2022). This ARA-2022 will be provided to all BPS-01 through BPS-02 workers.
Notification Special Allowance 2022 @ 15% of 2017 Pay Scales
Additionally, the Finance Department of Punjab has published a Notification on a special allowance for employees for the year 2022 at a rate of 15% of the 2017 Basic Salary Scales’ existing basic pay. This allowance will be given to BPS-01 through BPS-19 personnel who do not currently get any post-specific compensation, etc. On August 1, 2022, they will receive a one-month regular allowance as well as a four-month arrears amount. The federal government awarded the Disparity Reduction Allowance 2022 Federal @ 15%, and employees of the province of Punjab will begin receiving it on March 1, 2022. The provincial employees will receive their arrears payments for March, April, May, and June 2022 in this fashion as well.
Announcements in Budget Speech 2022-23 Punjab Govt
The following benefits for employees were mentioned by the finance minister in the Punjab Budget Speech 2022, and the government has officially notified all of them:
1. A 15% pay raise as an Adhoc Relief Allowance
2. Special Allowance at 15% for BPS-01 to BPS-19 workers
3. Revision of pay scales and combining ad hoc allowances with basic pay (Later on, approved by the provincial cabinet)
4. Pension rise of 5% (a later clarification stated that the pension hike would be 5% starting in July 2022 and 10% starting in Punjab).